The screen is one of the smart device’s most necessary and most costly elements, so naturally, we do whatever possible to keep it in one piece. However, the number of readers still use screen protectors on their gadgets with the dawn of more powerful protective glass?
It’s a concern we postured in a current survey throughout our site and social pages. The outcomes are now in!
Do you still use a screen protector on your phone?
This extremely popular survey amassed more than 17,000 reactions on our website after releasing it on October 19. Around 76% of participants voting through our website still use a screen protector on their gadgets. Around 72% of readers shared this belief on Facebook. While on Instagram, 68.8% of the ~2,300 participants likewise pick to secure their display screens with a protector. In overall, more than 3 in every 4 citizens still use screen protectors on their smart devices.
See likewise: Protective glass services compared
The screen protector stays necessary for smart device users. Another layer of defense versus screen damage is helpful in all circumstances, specifically thinking about how low-cost protectors are nowadays. Additionally, numerous phones still included screen protectors in package or pre-applied. However, it’s reasonable why some may not use a lens over their screen, be it for visual or tactile factors. Edge display screens likewise toss a huge spanner in the works.
We asked you for your views on the matter, too. Peruse some option remarks listed below.
- RackDaddy: A couple of months earlier, my Pixel 4 fell off the window ledge and landed face down onto the flooring. Normally that wouldn’t most likely be an issue, however it so occurred to land on a small rock, and the screen split. I had actually simply removed the screen protector and was waiting for a brand-new one. I truthfully feel the protector would have conserved my screen, since I had a comparable drop in a car park (phone fell face down), striking a rock. My protector broke, however the screen was entirely great. Considering protectors are $10 for 3 of them, and screen replacements are almost the expense of a brand-new phone, I’ll continue utilizing them.
- Peter Colpaert: For the low expense of a tempered glass protector nowadays, I choose to be safe instead of sorry. Call me a belt & suspenders person if you desire.
- Max Stevens: They are method too low-cost and feel method too great to not deserve it to me. Every phone I have actually had with a screen protector has actually had drops and chips that would have been considerable damage to the screen itself.
- EasyCare: It’s essentially insurance coverage. Cheaper and simpler to change if it fractures compared to the real screen.
- TheCurlofE: No method, screen protectors interfere with the feel. Today’s glass is much better than ever. I never ever use them and I have just had one scratch on a screen in nearly twenty years which was an unfortunate leap from a family pet that landed on the screen with this paw. Phones are not financial investments or art work – they are tools to be utilized and a screen protector remains in dispute with their fundamental style.
- Drone9: I rock a case with a front lip. So never ever saw the requirement for a screen protector. Unless an individual is absurd enough to put his/her phone in the very same pocket as other products.
- user65: My OnePlus Nord included one currently pre-installed.
- Steve: Over twenty years of cell phones in and I’ve yet to use a screen protector or damage a phone. I’d state I’m great without.
- SyCoREAPER: S21 Ultra was the very first one I went without it. I don’t understand WTF speck of diamond (or something that scratches at level 6 with much deeper grooves at level 7) I had in my pocket. But after 3 days there was a scratch on my perfect screen. Fact stays that tempered glass will soak up some energy from a drip and distribute it in the upper layer, being your screen protector. Worth every cent.
- Toasty: Nope, one of the smaller sized benefits of a flip phone is not requiring a screen protector.
Thanks for your votes and remarks on this survey. If you have any extra ideas, make sure to drop a remark listed below.